Donating is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with us and we will never sell them on or send unwanted emails.
Better Patient Outcomes
Longer survival, better quality of life, through early diagnosis & better treatment combinations
Better Patient Experience
Better support, better information and communication, better facilities.
Developing our team and our centre so that we attract funding for clinical support, diagnostics, therapeutics and research
To get the best and be the best!
Our other principle aim is to raise funds for new equipment for operating theatres and radiology suites to enable us to stay at the cutting edge of modern practice offering all of the most up to date diagnostic and treatment methods for NET and other types of tumours affecting the pancreas, liver and abdominal organs.
Equipment that is used to treat tumours in these organs also often work for other cancers of the pancreas, liver and internal organs, so by improving treatment for NETs we also improve the treatment for the more common pancreas and liver cancers too.
The PLANETS charity aims to raise funds for two main areas of work:
to support research projects to improve our understanding of illnesses
to provide state-of-the-art equipment for diagnosis and treatment.
All of the money that we raise together goes directly to these two areas of the PLANETS charity and is protected for its intended use.
Our current project is to raise £50,000 for a new mobile ultrasound machine and tumour ablation equipment to allow us to improve diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic and liver tumours.
Although we provide many treatments for these tumours already, it is essential that we continually develop our service to provide the best and most modern care for our patients to prolong life, improve quality of life and offer cure when ever possible.
Funding for the tumour bank project is also critical as rare disorders such as NETs are under-supported in the research budgets of conventional grant funding organisations. In addition more preliminary data is frequently required to secure appropriate funding as funds are generally allocated to conditions with a greater impact on public health. Thus any funding at the present stage would help us to have a considerable competitive edge in securing further external grant funding for larger scale studies and clinical trials.
From researching medical conditions to buying vital equipment, to building a better environment and providing support for patients and their families we hope you can support us in our campaign to improve awareness, treatment and understanding of the disease in the hope that this will advance Pancreatic Liver and NET Tumour knowledge and help find the cure to help eradicate these Cancers once and for all.
Anybody affected by Pancreatic, Liver and Neuroendocrine Tumours including family and friends can make donations to the PLANETS Charity at www.uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/PLANETS
Once you donate, we will send your money directly to the PLANETS charity account and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – raising more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the PLANETS charity.
If you would like to donate to PLANETS via text, text PLAN31 and the amount you would like to donate to 70070. Text costs your usual network charge. PLANETS Charity receives 100% of your donation.
To make a regular donation please click here and follow the instructions making sure that you specify PLANETS in the message box. Cheques should be made payable to PLANETS Cancer Charity and sent to the address at the bottom of the page.
PLANETS are aware that many patients do not have the energy for fundraising and we do not specifically ask them to do so. We are however always very grateful to anyone who may have been touched by these cancers and feel they can raise funds for the charity in any way. If you wish to raise money for PLANETS on an individual/event basis then you can set up your own PLANETS Virgin Money Giving page by dowloading the following instructions:
All you have to do is:
1. Log onto uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/
2. Click on Start Fundraising
3. Select the type of fundraising you are going to doing:
- Organised event
- Personal challenge
- Special occasion
- Someone special
4. Follow instructions as directed on the screen. You will be asked the following questions:
(each section will vary so you will not necessarily answer all of them)
- Which event you are doing (you are able to put your own event details in)
- What’s the special occasion or personal challenge
- Who the special person is
- Whether you are raising for one or more charity
- Whether you are fundraising on your own or with others
- Search for the charity fund – for PLANETS its – Southampton Hospital Charity (1051543)
- How much you are hoping to raise (this is not essential)
- If the charity has contributed to the event
- How long you would like the page active for
5. Set up an account by registering your details
6. Choose a web page (ie: www.virginmoneygiving.com/Joe bloggs)
7. Virgin Money Giving will then create your page
8. You will then be asked if you would like to add a countdown and widgets. Input a page title (ie: Joe Bloggs Marathon Madness)
You are then able to enter free text and a picture. Please use this space to say that you are raising money for PLANETS, that way they will then honour this and ensure all money you raise will go to the correct PLANETS area/fund.
9. You will then be asked if you would like to be emailed when someone makes a donation and also if you would like to send a thank you email, amend as appropriate
10. Click on Create My Page
11. Your page is then ready to go, you are able to link it to Facebook and to email all your friends
Please then email me us on firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have a page so we can make sure funds are allocated accordingly and also so we can publicise on our website and Facebook page!
For more information on fundraising for PLANETS please contact:
PLANETS Fund Manager
70 London Road